What is Mellie's Morsels?


I seriously love cooking, baking and creating my own concoctions (to the delight of my husband and co-workers). I keep saying I would love to go to cooking school, but don't want to work in a restaurant, I just want the knowledge. I would maybe open a small bakery. I have loved experimenting in the kitchen since I was a young kid. My step-mom was a wonderful cook and great experimenter in the kitchen and taught me how to cook. I also love to watch the travel channel, bravo and the food network, so I am inspired to tell of the wonderful things I come up with (and maybe even a few disasters along the way). I hope you enjoy my blog! If you like what you see, please follow me!!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Vow Renewal & Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies

My very good friends decided to renew their vows after 14 years of marriage. They are a beautiful couple (despite my bad picture) & a great example of what a Godly marriage should be. They are such an inspiration for me and my husband!
Instead of a cake they chose to have cookies at the reception and I was more than happy to make a batch. I decided since it was such a special occasion I would try something new & special. I love to make cookies, but almost never make cut out cookies.  I decided to make Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies. I made a pretty basic shortbread cookie and cut them into little hearts with one half dipped in semi-sweet chocolate then sprinkled Sparkling Sugar on the chocolate side since my friend really loves bling! They were a big hit and were gone in no time, I was so excited!
Leave a message if you would like the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment